Monday, March 2

T-MINUS 2 DAYS...

The trade deadline is Wednesday and for now it all comes down to who stays and who goes. Now I'm not going to get into any great theories about who we should get and who should go because, let's face it, I'm not managment for the Sabres and they probably know a whole hell of a lot more than I can ever hope to about what they're looking for.

However, there is one thing that I do know for certain, Max needs to go. Now I love Max don't get me wrong but the man has been nothing but a waste of roster space for the last two seasons, performing well below average. In an interview Max claimed that he has been ready to play since the middle of February but Ruff hasn't put him in the line up, well needless to say it's the beginning of March and Max hasn't set foot out on the ice in a playing capacity. I'll be sad to see Max go, he was my first Sabres love and you never forget your first love, but it's time that he was put out to greener pastures or at least given to another team for a bag of pucks or maybe a pretty new pair of gloves or some skates.

It would have killed me a few years ago to admit that Max needs to go but right now he's using up valuble roster space that could go to a player who's actually going to play and who's going to play well. Instead of trading for another player how about we get some draft picks and we bring up one of the guys from Portland to fill Max's skates?

I get the text updates from the Sabres and if you do too you know the sinking feeling you get when a new text pops up on the screen. The texts can mean just about anything ranging from someone's hurt, someone's been called up from the minors, that the new mini pucks are on sale and come tomorrow or Wednesday who's been put up on the chopping block.

Now yesterday, because the new mini pucks go on sale on Sundays, I saw I had a text message as I was sitting in the upper room in my church. Now let's just say that I forgot about the whole mini puck thing and I was ready to scream when I saw the text because I thought for sure it was going to bring me bad news that I was not prepared to handle, such as the trading of beloved Pie or Staffy or someone equally as precious to my heart.

Now I'm in school all day tomorrow and I have a feeling if something's going to happen it's going to go down tomorrow and I will inevitably be sitting in class when the news of a trade breaks. Let's just put it this way there are going to be a lot of inquisitive stares directed my way if I'm in class when it happens. They're going to be wondering why all of a sudden I have a death grip on my phone, why I'm making high keening noises and I'm screaming why, why, over and over again. I'm sure they're going to suspect that I've experienced some kind of psychotic breakdown.

Whatever happens in the next two days it's inevitable that someone's going to go. However, how many people get traded is still up in the air and who we're going to get for said tradees remains to be seen. But one thing is for certain things are going to change but whether it's for the better or for the worse I guess we'll figure that out Wednesday night.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I can text ya if I hear anything... if you want me too.

Cari said...

Dear, I just realized that I'm in class ALL DAY on Wednesday, and they aren't even classes in which I can utilize my amazing MacBook, unlike last year. SOMEONE MUST TEXT ME UPDATES!!

Shelby said...

I wish that I could get texts from the Sabres but because of the fee, my parents don't want me to get any. ): So I probably won't know anything until I get home around 4...