Friday, January 30

GRAVITY IS NOT MY FRIEND

So needless to say the last week has been anything but spectacular, except for the Sabres winning 10-2 that was a bright spot, for a number of reasons.

First my computer got a Trojan virus which caused it to crash yesterday. Luckily for me though I had saved most of my stuff onto a flashdrive, which thank god is not infected. But it turns out that my computer wasn't completely fried which meant I was able to run my virus software to get rid it. My uncle works on computers and he told me that if I could reboot it and get to the desktop that was a good sign, so I count myself lucky, but that I should keep running the virus software everyday for the next week just to make sure that the virus was completely gone. One plus to the whole situation is that I got to flirt with the cute boy from the computer services office at my school, when I went in there to ask him to check if the virus was completely gone, this morning. For right now I think everything is fixed, at least I hope, but I'm running the battery of tests on my computer just to be sure.

My second bad thing happened this morning when I feel down the concrete stairs in the parking lot at school. I landed on my side and have a huge bruise on my left thigh that hurts like a bitch and is turning just about every color of the rainbow. Well there's certainly no pot of gold at the end of that rainbow. So suffice it to say that it hasn't been a great two days. Plus I slept really badly last night because I was worried about my computer and the paper that I had just finished writing that was on it.

But anyway enough about my crappy life back to the Sabres who were equally as crappy in that appauling loss to Calgary. I have a feeling the pigeon was probably dropped from the rafters of the Pengrowth Saddle dome on Wednesday after the game. (Which wouldn't hurt it anyway, it being a taxidermied pigeon, the gesture is more symbolic than anything.) I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow well if anything it should be interesting, hopefully there will be good news to report tomorrow after the game. But if not we'll regroup and hope that things turn out better in Anaheim on Monday.

6 comments:

Jill said...

OH geez! I hate when gravity takes a bite out of me! Hopefully you didn't look like Roy with one shoe on flailing on the ground. ;)

Anne said...

Ouch! Sorry about your fall!

Computers are so great until they stop working, then they're the worst inventions ever and we wish we'd never heard of them before. Wait, I'm sensing a metaphor for the Sabres in there somewhere...

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you didn't look like Roy with one shoe on flailing on the ground. ;)


I'm assuming I didn't because I had both shoes on, but then again no one was there to snap a picture of the momentous occasion thank god.

Anonymous said...

I'm sensing a metaphor for the Sabres in there somewhere...


I think I know what you're getting at, we love the Sabres when they're all pretty and shining and virus free. But then when they get a virus and they crash we don't want to have anything to do with them.

dani said...

Ohhh feel better! Flirting with hot guys is always a plus!

abercrombie coupons said...

Thanks for writing this. I really feel as though I know so much more about this than I did before. Your blog really brought some things to light that I never would have thought about before reading it. You should continue this, Im sure most people would agree youve got a gift.