So what has been accomplished this off season according to the Buffalo News let us recap:
- Ryan Miller was signed to a 5 year contract worth 31.25 million dollars.
- We finally have a dependable (that has yet to be seen) backup goalie with Patrick Lalime.
- We got Craig Rivet who is supposed to add some much needed aggressiveness to the blue line.
- And because we seem to like shorter players here in Buffalo we finally got some height with 8 players selected averaging 6-foot-2.
Speaking of tall new players an article in the paper this morning said that when he reported to training camp Tyler Myers the 6-foot-7 giant drafted this summer had gained 15 pounds, which seems like a lot but considering how tall he is he only weighs 215. I'm sure during games of hide and seek the newbies are playing at the Hyatt all he has to do is turn sideways to have the perfect hiding spot.
Nathan Gerbe: Has anyone seen Tyler??? I've been looking for him for like an hour.
While Tyler's weight might be an issue, in all other aspects of the game trainers and coaches alike had nothing but good things to say about him. Even Bucky Gleason, who at times I wonder if he has a nice bone in his body, said nothing to put down our gentle giant.
WE GET TO KEEP PLAYERS!!!!! YAY!!!!
- Miller, Pominville and Vanek for 6 years
- Roy for 5 years
- Hecht and Gaustad for 4 years
- Rivet for 3 years
- And of course Paille, Stafford, Weber and Sekera are all sure to have long term contracts in their futures.