Ugh, so my perfect evening was ruined because of some dumb waitress at Chili's. She took forever to bring us TWO APPETIZERS. Two orders of boneless wings should not take half an hour.
MISS WAITRESS LADY?? I FORGET YOUR NAME, BUT YOU DIDN'T DESERVE YOUR $3 TIP. WE SAW YOU ONCE, AND WHAT'S WORSE, YOU MADE ME MISS WARMUPS. I CAN NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT.
Okay, now that I've got that out of my system...
So I must say, sitting in the front row--in the corner--is very, very exciting, especially when the Sabres win.
Brittany and I weren't prepared for just how nerve-wracking it can be to see two 200-pound men skating quickly towards you, with only a piece of glass to stop them. It's actually downright scary.
Quick hits from the game:
- Pommers got hit right in front of us. WHY JASON? Why couldn't someone flatten Lecavalier right there, or something?
- The delay-of-game call on Miller was COMPLETE bull shit. I was sitting ten feet away from Miller and could clearly see him catch the puck, then proceed to wave his closed glove in the air for the refs to see. I don't care what anyone says, Miller is on the shit list of the refs, along with Roy and Kaleta. Hell, throw everyone wearing blue and gold up on there, as well.
- Ditto for the "boarding" call.
- The guy behind us called Jaro "Space Station." That was pretty good.
- Thomas Vanek is a sexy beast. Enough said.
- Nathan Gerbe is extremely impressive. I've said it before (I think): It's one thing to watch him on TV and say, "Yeah, he's good," or "Yeah, he's really fast," but you have no idea until you've seen him play in person. He's fantastic. I will say this, though: He looked good last night, but this is nothing like what he can play. When I saw him up in Portland, I was completely blown away. And that doesn't happen much...
- Goose and Mair are also sexy beasts. I love the picture of Paul on the front of TBN's Sports section today. Hahaa.... Sauce from the Goose. I love it.
- What's with the no-call when Derek got his lip cut open??
(I love how this is all ADD-ish, and not in order of anything that really happened in the game...)
- Britt's boyfriend texted us at one point and told us that we weren't hitting the glass enough. Mostly because she braced herself every time the players skated towards us, and I guess maybe he watched us, and saw her sit all the way back.
- He then texted us and said that the guy sitting next to us looked like a snowman. Our response? "It's Frosty, duhhhhhh." He did on TV, though. White hat and a white long sleeve T on a big man? Yep.
(Derek is late calling up Kiss again... He's so unreliable...)
- Back to Miller's penalty, I'm really proud of the guys for killing off that two-minute two-man. Kudos.
- Steven Stamkos looks like Luke's friend Nick, so we proceeded to call him that for the rest of the night.
- There was a guy sitting right behind us that looked like he could be our friend Tom's twin.
Ohhhh, well I can't really remember much else. I'm blogging, listening to the radio, and reading the newspaper at the same time right now. Multi-tasking is something I can usually do well, but it's not really working for me this morning. I have to do it, though, because in about an hour, I have to head out for Canada, as I have an interview for my Nexus pass at 11 am.
This was the best picture I found from the night:
I <3 THE GERBE DERBY!!
Oh, and Britt and I were in a couple pictures from Getty, as well:
AHHHH he scored on that one. And then my hand hurt really bad. I usually can take a lot of pain, but I didn't think that hitting plexiglass repeatedly would hurt that much...
I don't like this picture. (A), because I look stupid, and (B) because Pommer had just been smooshed right in front of me, and (C) you don't mess with my Pommer.
Alright, well I don't think Derek's woken up yet. So I'm going to go get ready, and if Derek ever decides to call, I'll update you on his ridiculousness.
The DroughtCast, Year 7 (2006)
8 hours ago