Tuesday, November 11

Anybody else want to join the my life sucks club?

So today as I was driving home from school, I got a speeding ticket, granted I was going 67 in a 55 but still come on after the day that I had?? That was the icing on the cake. First off there was no Sabres game tonight , so sadness with that, they are playing tomorrow however and I am going but I'm going through withdrawl seriously, I'm starting to sweat and feel shaky and that's not just from being scared crapless of the cop that pulled me over. Why may you ask was my day also horrible? I had 3 hours of sleep last night because my knee, old dancing injury, was aching so bad that 800 milligrams of ibuprofen wasn't dulling the pain. So not only was I tired and cranky this morning I was also in pain, and the lab quiz that I was studying for last night...yeah didn't get any studying done this morning at school because I kept falling asleep on the couch in the lounge.

Also, HOT BOY ALERT, there's this guy in my microbiology lab who looks like he could be the younger brother of Paul, so obviously I spend more time staring at him then concentrating on my work. Hence why today I almost lit my arm hair on fire while trying to sterilize a innoculating loop. Then there was that time today when I ran into a waist high garbage can right in the middle of class, knocking it over, luckily it was empty, but nevertheless still embarassing. He caught my eye as I walked sheepishly back to my work station and smiled almost causing me to drop the test tubes that I was holding, because HOLY CRAP that smile. After the teacher left us to our work, gorgeous comes over to me leans in real close and says, "Just letting you know there's a garbage can there." Then he laughs of course I swoon, then we start talking about the labs we were doing what I like to affectionately call 'nerd flirting' because that's essentially what it is, flirting while talking about intelligent stuff. This is all my estrogen talking just FYI.

But anyway, the whole reason for this blog is not to talk about my great nonexistant love life. It's to talk about the Sabres, but the information is sorely lacking because they haven't played in 3 days, another reason I'm going through withdrawal, no hockey news, no Sabres game, what's a girl to do...well maybe I should try finishing my research paper, but where's the fun in that?

Well there is one pretty ray of new Sabres news on Sabres.com about Teppo and the All-Star game and about how the first time he played in it Steve Yzerman and Wayne Gretzky were the top two centers, so pretty much forever and a half ago was the first time he played in the game. But anyway it sounds like the whole team is pushing for him. The article literally makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside because Teppo seems like such a good guy, and I personally, everytime I go on the internet, am going to vote for him and Ryan, Derek and Tommy and of course every write-in from the Sabres on the ballot, I hope you will all join me and I will leave you with this my fine blogging friends:

Lydman said of Numminen. "I just want to tell everybody to vote for him and get him into that starting lineup."

So let's do it for him, let's give him the recognition he deserves, voting opens tomorrow and I hope you will all take the opportunity to vote often and hopefully we can get him into the starting lineup.

12 comments:

Caroline said...

Eeek, sorry about the speeding ticket, that sucks. But it sounds like that boy likes you! Go get him!

Anonymous said...

Believe me he's caught me staring at him a number of times, if he hasn't gotten the hint by now he's really dense. But believe me short of throwing myself at him I'm doing everything in my power to woo him with my feminine wiles

Jill said...

AWWW!!! Don't sweat it! Hubby gets speeding tickets all the time... get a lawyer to plea it down, pay the fine and no points!

As for the HOT GUY ALERT... maybe he is waiting for you? See if he wants to get lunch sometime... Jay was waiting for me to ask him out. He waited almost a month before someone said... ummm are you going to ask her out or what! And we have been married for 11+ years (he he he hunny) Silly boy! He was so cute... asking me out all shy and sweet... what happened to that? Now he's a big giant nasty pervert... no more sweetness... he did get me flowers a couple weeks ago... took me out to dinner... THAT WAS SUPER AWESOME!!! HINT HINT HINT!

Anonymous said...

See if he wants to get lunch sometime...

Oh I fully intend on baking cookies or something, because he sits behind me in lecture too and offering him one so that way he knows I'm a good cook, then i'll work my way up to lunch.

Jay said...

I would just like to say that baking him cookies is an excellent idea!

And to clarify, I don't get speeding tickets all the time. But, def get it plead down, insurance is insane as it is!

Jael said...

Oh, nerd flirting. I'm a bio major, so I know allll about that, although I haven't engaged in any since high school, in chem lab... There is one guy in my classes/labs that is looooove, but he's taken. =( Funny thing is, he, too, resembles Gaustad. Ahahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that baking him cookies is an excellent idea!

Oh I thought so, I know my brother always says the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Cari said...

...gorgeous comes over to me leans in real close and says, "Just letting you know there's a garbage can there."

WHY THE HELL, AMIDST ALL OF OUR TEXT MESSAGES TODAY, DID YOU NOT MENTION THAT GORGEOUS IS SARCASTIC, IN THE FLAVOR I ENJOY I MEN?

I mean... You enjoy your men? I'm not trying to steal gorgeous from you. I have too many troublesome boys as it is.

And cookies sorta worked for Andy... But then again, it doesn't get much more dense than he.

Anonymous said...

=( Funny thing is, he, too, resembles Gaustad. Ahahahahaha.

I swear everywhere I look there's another Paul clone although nothing can compare to the real thing especially in a suit. RAWR:)

Anonymous said...

WHY THE HELL, AMIDST ALL OF OUR TEXT MESSAGES TODAY, DID YOU NOT MENTION THAT GORGEOUS IS SARCASTIC, IN THE FLAVOR I ENJOY I MEN?

well it was too long to put in a text and I didn't know when you would be home, and I figured that you would read this eventually and I also figured you would react like that, sorry:) But he's mine you can't have him:) I know i'm supposed to share and be all grown up about it but who the hell am I kidding I was never any good at sharing.

Jill said...

And to clarify, I don't get speeding tickets all the time.

About once every year is plenty... thank you very much. :p

Cari said...

I didn't know when you would be home, and I figured that you would read this eventually and I also figured you would react like that, sorry:)

UMMM LAME EXCUSE. I was home all day, remember? No school today??