Wednesday, November 26

Turkey?? Pfft.... I WANT GOOSE.




Cari: Danny, I missed you tonight.

Dan: Yeah, I wish I could've played, but you know how it goes...

Cari: So, why did I see you all sad and lonely up in the press box this evening?

Dan: Well, you know, I got sick somehow. I think Drew might've given me some candy off the floor or something... Adam's always telling me and Clarke not to take stuff from Drew because he's a weirdo. But Drew always has the best candy and stuff, so I didn't think it would be a problem...

Cari: Okay, you're sick... That makes sense, I guess. But why were you all by yourself? How come you weren't sitting with Timmy?

Dan: First of all, I'm not allowed to hang out with Timmy. Adam says he plays Doctor too much, and that I can't play with him if he does. Second of all, I was in Time Out.

Cari: Time Out?!? How come?

Dan: Because I threw up in Nathan's skates...

Cari: So that's why he wasn't playing tonight... But why all alone, though?

Dan: Adam said it was punishment for not throwing up in "that little puke Lucic's" skates. I kinda wish I had after he tried to kill all my friends tonight. I'm going to get him one day for that. And that's a promise. But Pat already told me that Lucic had better watch out if they're ever on the ice at the same time.

Cari: Yeah, I don't care for him much, either, especially after he went after Princess D.

Dan: Yeah. Oh hey! I like that jersey on you, by the way. I'll tell Derek that you look good in his name. Hey, and maybe that's why he played so well tonight!!

Cari: Danny, my friend, I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK. And also, tell him that I honestly believe in my heart that he should have had four goals tonight, the last coming on a penalty shot? Thanks much.

Dan: Sure thing.

Cari: And make sure everyone knows that Kim and I, next time we're in Boston, are going to track Milan Lucic down and beat his ass. Because I hate him.

Dan: I know. Hey, I have to go. It's past my bedtime.

Cari: Okay, Danny. I'll talk to you later. Good night, precious.


----------------------------------------------


So, beyond that, I'm soooooo incredibly happy about tonight's game. But here are the things I'm thankful for:

- The guy behind us at the game tonight who said "I want to call up Gerbe just to see if he could skate through Chara's legs."

- The group of four 11-year-old boys who told a Bruins fan that they'd "never seen a girl look hotter in a Boston jersey."

- The fact that no Sabres died in the making of this victory.

- Derek Roy's inability to stop finding ways to make me love him, and make fun of him, all at the same time.

- Paul Gaustad and Ryan Miller's inability to stop raising my expectations of men.

- Thomas Vanek's ability to continuously light the lamp.

- Patrick Kaleta, Andrew Peters, and Adam Mair's willingness to beat the crap out of people and sacrifice their bodies for the sake of the game.

- Tim Connolly's strength of character, combined with his entertaining sex-capades.

- Drew Stafford's Facebook pictures.

- Henrik Tallinder's dancing.

- Jaroslav Spacek's interviews.

- Nathan Paetsch's smile.

- Mark Mancari's voice.

- Daniel Paille's inability to take a normal-looking picture.

- Patrick Lalime's adoration of his daughters.

- Craig Rivet's adoration of Buffalo.

- Jason Pominville's loyalty to The (dreaded) System.

- Maxim Afinogenov's best game in a long time.

- Jochen Hecht's shortie, as well as the look on his face when he heard me say "I love you."

- Ales Kotalik's admission that he designed a line of hats.

- Clarke MacArthur's curly hair.

- Toni Lydman's choice in women.

- Teppo Numminen's picture from 1985.

- Andrej Sekera's polo player sweater.

- Lindy Ruff's ability to inspire these guys, year after year, after year.

- All of the Sabres Bloggers, because they're all foxy and incredibly intelligent, and probably some of the funniest writers I've ever come across.

- The city of Buffalo for being amazing.

- My cat Delilah for being the cutest fat cat around.

- And, lastly, my beautifully sexy friends, especially my dear Kimberly, as well as my mostly awesome family. Without them, I'd be completely lost in life.



So, everyone, have a beautiful holiday with your respective loved ones, and Kim and I will resume posting on Friday. I'm sure I forgot stuff about the game tonight, and I'm equally as sure Kim will let me know about it. So those things will make it up here eventually. But, until then, be safe, eat turkey, and love those Sabres!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh danny...i still love you even though you didn't puke in lucic's skates.

happy thanksgiving!

Jay said...

All of the Sabres Bloggers, because they're all foxy and incredibly intelligent, and probably some of the funniest writers I've ever come across.

+1 here. You girls are all great...especially my own personal Sabres Blogger, Jill!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Cari said...

oh danny...i still love you even though you didn't puke in lucic's skates

Honestly, I would've returned my Roy jersey and picked up a Paille if he had. That requires some serious love.

Cari said...

+1 here. You girls are all great...especially my own personal Sabres Blogger, Jill!

Why, thank you, sir! That we are. And Happy Thanksgiving to you, Jill, and Caitlyn!!

Shelby said...

Dan: Because I threw up in Nathan's skates...

Ewwwww, I hope Nathan got those clean before the stomach acid started to destroy his blades! Ugh, that's a nasty thought. D:

Happy Thanksgiving you two!

Jill said...

All of the Sabres Bloggers, because they're all foxy and incredibly intelligent, and probably some of the funniest writers I've ever come across.

+1 here. You girls are all great...especially my own personal Sabres Blogger, Jill!


Awwww!!! I feel spesh! <3<3<3

Jill said...

OMG Staffy's pic... I roared over it.