Thursday, November 13

They broke Timmy...you bastards

So once again, the oft injured Tim Connolly is hurt...not really a surprise there, considering he's been back for 5 games it was bound to happen. So any of you who are shocked please raise your hand?...cricket...chirp...that's what I thought.

The Sabres Edge reported that Connolly has a bruised chest whatever that means I'm betting Timmy broke every rib in his upper chest after being hit by Keith Tkachuk. Timmy was apparently looking for someone to pass the puck to and didn't see Tkachuk aiming for him which resulted in Timmy going down, but miraculously bouncing back up in a very un-Timmy like fashion. But anyway even though Timmy did a great impression of a bouncy ball he's questionable for Friday's game against the Blue Jackets. On a good note, he didn't suffer any head trauma which most likely would have resulted in Timmy having to wear a football helmet for the rest of his life in fear of someone else hitting him in his delicate cranium.

It's sad and all but it also opens the doors for Stafford or Kaleta to play in Friday's game if it turns out that Timmyho is too hurt to play. I also have a feeling that Maxie is going to be getting a great view of the ice from the press box after playing for only 6 minutes in last night's game. Scratching him may be the only way to get through to him because obviously Ruff's talk about taking care of the puck and not going out for longs shifts didn't. As much as I love Max I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him sitting out a lot of games in the next few months, because I'm pretty sure if you put a coat tree out on the ice no one would no the difference. So depending on the whole Timmy situation we may have both Stafford and Kaleta back in the line up, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how broken Timmy truly is.

6 comments:

Cari said...

That was a lot of run-on sentences.. Sorry, the grammar geek in me came out again.

I was just going to post something about that, too...

Shelby said...

As much as I love Max too, I also think it's a good idea to have him sit out a few games. It took me until the third period last night to realize Lindy had benched him for most of the remainder of the game. he just doesn't understand the concept of NOT taking long shifts.

Defy Gravity... said...

I'm upset Tim is hurt, but at least Kaleta or Stafford will have a chance to play or even both if Ruff benches Max.

Cari said...

It took me until the third period last night to realize Lindy had benched him for most of the remainder of the game.

I hadn't even noticed, to be honest.

Cari said...

I'm upset Tim is hurt, but at least Kaleta or Stafford will have a chance to play or even both if Ruff benches Max.

Only Kim truly understands my affections for Kaleta, and not to mention my new-found love for and obsession with Drew Stafford, so, needless to say, I'D BE OVERJOYED IF THEY BOTH PLAYED TOMORROW. Too bad I'm working from 3:30 pm til 7 am. Damn...

Jael said...

Seeing Afinogenov benched would make me.... I don't even know. I think he's just not a very smart hockey player, and nothing's going to change that. I actually... pity him.