Friday, November 14

Friday's Fancies

A. Blue Jackets at Sabres

Soooo excited about this game. Probably, mostly, because Staffy and Patty K will be back in the lineup, I think, at least. They should be, anyways. Timmykins can sit this one out; we'll need him more tomorrow. Max will probably sit, as well, because Lindy was no more happy with him than I was with Derek yesterday morning.

And I'm thinking Patty L will get the nod tonight??? That's just my guess, because I'd rather have Miller in against Pitt.

Needless to say, since I'm going to be at the becking call of the elderly this evening, they'll be in bed by 7 pm, except for the ones who know anything; they can stay up later and wait for intermission. I'm so nice. They love me though. Especially Mrs. Miller. I really wish she were related...

Oh, and did anyone else see that, since Columbus became a team, we've played them 8 times, and have only won twice?! That's a bit upsetting, since Columbus is probably the next stop on mine and Kim's Sabres Roadtripping Excursions. Although, that's going to be next year, so we can bring a whole bunch more people with us, along with Boston, Round Two (btw, the invitation to join us on that one is still open, and always will be).


B. Catwalk For Charity III

Okay, some background information is needed before I address B. But anyways, my friend Michelle, who is six years my senior, but grew up next door to me, so basically she's the closest thing I have to an older sister, is getting married in June. She and her fiance moved to Phoenix last summer, and last time my girl was up to Buffalo for a visit, we grabbed our usual lunch at Duff's. She mentioned the date for her bachelorette party. Problem is, as you know, I'm not quite 20 yet, so a party with a minimum age of 21 wouldn't quite work for me. So, in a couple weeks, when I head up to Toronto for a friend's birthday party, you might have an idea of what I might be picking up while I'm there.

That being said, the date for THE THIRD CATWALK FOR CHARITY HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!!!!

Sunday, February 8, 2009
MARK IT DOWN, LADIES. (Thank you, Jill!)

Because you know that if I can find someone willing to go and fork over the money (coughcoughNOTkim), you know I'm there. I think it'd be fun to make a blogess-es night out of it, don't you???

Because we all know that I want to see this:



And you want to see this:



But, who's that bald guy in the middle?? I don't believe I've ever seen him before...


C. Voting

Um.... HELLLLLLOOOOOO??!!

What the HELL is going on with this voting process? I honestly believe that it's stacked.

THE GAME IN IN MONTREAL.
IT'S MONTREAL'S 100TH ANNIVERSARY.
THE CANADIENS HAVE 6 PLAYERS ON THE BALLOT (AKA, THAT'S ENOUGH TO FILL A STARTING LINEUP).
AND, AT THE MOMENT, THIS IS HOW WE STAND:





COUGHBULLSHITCOUGH

It's a conspiracy. Really.

The Sabres, you ask? Where are they currently? Well... Derek and Tommy aren't on the visible horizon, and I can barely see Tepp in the distance; he's currently in 9th place with 12,119 votes. Ryan is faring slightly better; he's in 5th with 13,708.

GO VOTE. NOW. TEPPO FOR PRESIDENT. RYAN FOR VP. DEREK AND TOMMY FOR THE CABINET. Yeah, I know... Whatever.


Alright. I'm done. I'm working all night (literally, all night), so I won't be posting until tomorrow afternoon, or maybe right before the game, continuing throughout. I haven't decided. We'll see how long I stay in bed, since I won't be getting home until 7:30 tomorrow morning. Yuck. Why do I do this to myself? Oh, yeah... So I can afford more Sabres tickets. It's a win/lose situation, but I'll take it.

Enjoy the game, and your Friday night, kiddos. Don't do anything I would do, and Go Sabres!!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because you know that if I can find someone willing to go and fork over the money (coughcoughNOTkim), you know I'm there.

HEY THERE LADY, just because I don't want to fork over 50 bucks for a good fake and then another 125 or however much the catwalk is doesn't mean I don't want to go, I want to go, it's just the whole not having a job thing and the whole not 21 yet...

Jill said...

I am hoping to go to CWC III!!! I so wanna mingle with them!!! It's some dough but hey... it's a good cause and a HUGE picture opportunity... and a blogger's DREAM! WHOO HOO! Hunny stat saving now! Gotta ask SIL if we can crash at her pad!

Cari said...

I want to go, it's just the whole not having a job thing and the whole not 21 yet

I KNOWWWW.... I just wish you could. I kinda wish that whole dream that I had about us and Jen going would happen, and Nathan would come flying down the runway at us. That was a good dream. =]

Cari said...

Gotta ask SIL if we can crash at her pad!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! We can hang out then.

Caroline said...

I can't wait for this year's Catwalk for Charity. I went last year and I had the best time. Everything was very well organized, good food, and of course, sassy Sabres galore. It was wonderful. :)

Cari said...

Everything was very well organized, good food, and of course, sassy Sabres galore. It was wonderful. :)

Good. Everything I'd hoped it would be! =]

Jill said...

Um Cari... you might wanna change it to Sunday Feb 8th love.

Cari said...

Um Cari... you might wanna change it to Sunday Feb 8th love.

Thank you, dear. Sometimes I get a little bit overzealous and don't check my work... That's probably why I miss so many questions on exams... Changing it now.

S.A.M. said...

Columbus is a great stop for a road trip! 2 of my sisters and my brother live there. The city is super cool and the Blue Jackets games are a really fun time. :)

oooh the catwalk for charity seems so fun. I love that first pic. MMM MMM good. Maybe this year.. if I can afford it!

Cari said...

Columbus is a great stop for a road trip!

My cousin went down there for a game last season, and said it was so much fun. He and his friends really enjoyed it because (a) we won, and (b) there were obviously more Sabres fans than those of the Blue Jackets.

Jael said...

I swear college gets in the way of EVERYTHING.

At least Ryan Miller will still be under contract by the time I graduate. Grrrrr.

Note to Ryan Miller:
STOP SCHEDULING THE CATWALK FOR CHARITY IN FREAKIN' FEBRUARY. THE, OH, SECOND WEEK OF JANUARY WOULD BE GREEEAAAAT. KTHXBAI.

lakebnd79 said...

I really want to go to CWC. Couldn't go last year cuz I was in FL. Can't take my huz (that would be NO fun!) Don't know anyone that would WANT to go....so I'll probably end up bribing a friend by paying for their ticket. And probably their drinks. And by the time I buy something at The Refinery (cause you know Millsy is probably hurtin for some cash) to wear....And I bid on auction items...Needless to say this damn thing will cost me $500. I must be nuts!!!!!

lakebnd79 said...

By the way...I went to vote for the NHL All Stars and they "nhl peeps" must have noticed that the voting was skewed towards the Habs players. They made the process a little more secure! They should punish the Habs by taking away 100,000 or so votes!

Shelby said...

Um...that picture with all the guys, what the hell is Kotalik doing? It looks like he's backing up his junk towards Hank and all those guys, LOL. Okay Al.

The All Star voting is such bullshit. I'm so pissed at it.

Cari said...

Note to Ryan Miller:
STOP SCHEDULING THE CATWALK FOR CHARITY IN FREAKIN' FEBRUARY. THE, OH, SECOND WEEK OF JANUARY WOULD BE GREEEAAAAT. KTHXBAI.


I KNOW, RIGHT??
I have so many friends who'd be home from college then who would definitely go.

Cari said...

Can't take my huz (that would be NO fun!) Don't know anyone that would WANT to go....so I'll probably end up bribing a friend by paying for their ticket.

AHHH that's what I said. No boys, and who would go? So I'd have to pay, but luckily my friend Brittany will go. Ehh what's another double at work or two? She wants to flirt with Kaleta sooooo badly. =]

Cari said...

They should punish the Habs by taking away 100,000 or so votes!

THANK YOU, NHL!!! It's about time you did something for the non-Canadian, non-Original Six guys.

Cari said...

Um...that picture with all the guys, what the hell is Kotalik doing? It looks like he's backing up his junk towards Hank and all those guys, LOL. Okay Al.

HAHAHAH I was tempted to say that he was trying to get a good look at Timmy's ass, but in reality, he's messing around with a keg.

dani said...

I WANT TO GO TO THE CATWALK SO BAD!!!!!

Cari said...

I WANT TO GO TO THE CATWALK SO BAD!!!!!

OOOOOOHHH Come with me then!!