Sunday, November 2

QUICK, LIKE MAXIM AFINOGENOV

Okay, Max actually has nothing to do with this post, but seeing as I just came home from work, and I plan on sleeping all day have waaaaay too much to do today, I'm posting just as fast as that adorable Russian can go from end to end, unobstructed, of course.

THE GAME LAST NIGHT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I HAD ASKED FOR.

Derek scored, and I totally knew cleaning my room would make him, because he scored his other goal the day I cleaned too.  So I (partially) cleaned it yesterday.  Mainly, I just threw a lot of stuff out and took some clothes over to Plato's Closet to get some money.  And Jason scored too!!  Way to show up after Coach calls you out.  Nice.  And Tommy's two goals were fantastic.  Now on pace for 82!!

Tim Connolly played!!  And didn't die!!  I was so happy!  And he got an assist, and did quite well otherwise.  I'm so proud that he didn't break a nail or stub his toe or something ridiculous like that and sideline himself for another 20 years.  I have to say, though, he did give me a scare at one point when he took a shot to the foot or the leg, or some other body part necessary to playing hockey, and he kinda gingerly skated around.  And every time he went through the neutral zone with the puck, I cringed and held my breath, expecting this to happen again Peter Schaefer to make an attempt on his life (I was going to link it up, I swear, but I don't have the patience or the energy to deal with YouTube at the moment).

Ryan Miller's play and playlist were bad-ass.  Enough said.

Um, and speaking of playlists, last night I totally had another shot of Derek + Cari = Fate, beside the whole goal thing.  Right after the game, I was walking out the door to go to work, and Derek's being interviewed on TV.  I drive to Tanlines Xtreme, so I don't look like a ghost, and as soon as I pull in the parking lot, Derek's on the radio.  And then I get tanning booth #9!!  But just wait, it gets better....
These were the first two songs to play in the booth.  Fabu-freaking-lous.

So that's what I have to say.  I'm going to bed now, seeing as I've slept for four of the past 48 hours.  Yuck; no, thank you.

(And what's even worse is that I had to work nine hours instead of eight because of Daylight Savings Time, but I don't get paid for the extra hour because of some scheduling policy that says the extra hour doesn't get paid out because in the spring the shift is seven hours, so it balances out.  Well not for me!!  I think I should have Patty K go over and beat my $16.50 out of have a little chat with my scheduling clerk.)

6 comments:

Jill said...

Maybe he should pick the playlist every night....

Jael said...

Maybe he should pick the playlist every night....

I'd be down with that.

Shelby said...

I thought for sure Timmy was going to skate off the ice limping after he took that shot off the leg. Nice to see that he could handle it, though.

You and Derek need to meet up sometime. Not in a dark alley, because Tim Connolly might show up instead, so it would best be at a coffee shop that sells high-priced and delicious drinks, because Derek looks like the type to drink that sort of stuff (aka, STARBUCKS!)

Cari said...

Maybe he should pick the playlist every night....

I'd be down with that.


I third that motion.

Cari said...

You and Derek need to meet up sometime. Not in a dark alley, because Tim Connolly might show up instead, so it would best be at a coffee shop that sells high-priced and delicious drinks, because Derek looks like the type to drink that sort of stuff (aka, STARBUCKS!)

THAT'S WHAT I SAID!! But I should definitely get all my shots just incase Timmykins shows up instead... Anyways, I'm dragging Kim to Derek's signing with me--6 days before my birthday--and my mother said I can't chicken out from proposing to him. Yeah, I can picture that, "Hey Derek. My name's Cari. You don't know me, but I feel like I know you. Want to get married?" That'll fly.

dani said...

I also noticed that cleaning rooms = good Sabre games.