Friday, November 21

My day just got A LOT better.

So as excited as I was to be going to yet another Sabres game, I was kind of dreading it at the same time. See, I'm going with this guy I used to work with, his friend, and his friend's girlfriend. So it kinda feels like a date, since I sometimes get the feeling, and Kim sometimes thinks, that said guy likes me, so it's bound to be awkward. I thought, "At least Kim will be at the game, so I can steal a seat near her if things get really weird."

But...

THEN I SAW THAT THE SABRES CALLED MARK MANCARI AT 5 PM YESTERDAY (while he was cleaning his apartment) AND TOLD HIM TO JUMP A PLANE TO BUFFALO.

AJKDHGF;KAHWGT;LANLDGKJAO;RJAKLGH;A LOVE

Needless to say, I'm super excited, because if you go back a few days, I believe you'll recall my long post arguing why Marky Mark should don the blue and gold.

So now I don't really care if my group for the game appears to be a double date, or that they jersey for my friend will be in on Wednesday but I still have to wait for Princess D's jersey for an undetermined amount of time, BECAUSE I GET TO SEE MY AHL BOYFRIEND. SOOOOOO HAPPY.

And, on another note, LINDY IS BEGINNING TO ACT LIKE A TRUE COACH, benching people who don't deserve ice time currently.

Okay, back to Mark... I have to tell you, Kim and I are extremely devoted to him. Last November, the Amerks had a go-karting outing thing, where they were at an indoor track in Greece, NY, and you had to pay to race them, and the money went to charity... Well, Kim and I drove out there just to see him, and it was absolutely fabulous.

He's really tall, too, and I'm kinda on the short side, so my head was like, at his chin. So that was cool. But he smelled amazing, so it was all good.



ONE OF THE BEST EVENINGS OF OUR LIVES, BECAUSE WE WERE RIGHT UP AGAINST HIM. AHhhhhhhhHHHhhh Mark...



We actually first noticed him because he looked like David Fumero, who plays Christian Vega on One Life to Live, if any of you watch that trashy soap opera. Those are really the best, though, aren't they? And I think it's hilarious that hockey players watch soap operas... But that's a whole 'nother story.

I'll post more about the game later, after I get home... That is, if I'm not too disgusted. And I'm crossing my fingers that I won't be.

12 comments:

Jill said...

Did you ladies cop-an-accidental-butt-feel?

Caroline said...

Cute pictures! I understand how you feel. Being 5'3, I know what it's like to have people towering over me.

Cari said...

Did you ladies cop-an-accidental-butt-feel?

Hi hand was right above my butt, and I had my arm, like, where his ribs begin, and he was rock solid... =]

Cari said...

I understand how you feel. Being 5'3, I know what it's like to have people towering over me.

Well, at least you could stand next to Derek and still wear heels. I couldn't... Not with the heels I have, at least, and still look up, or at least straight into his eyes... Whatever though. That's why they invented lifts for guys.

Shelby said...

Have a good time at the game! (: Those pictures are very cute, too.
And funny, I thought he looked like a guy on The Young & The Restless...both soap operas. Weiiiiird.

Jael said...

I'm 5'10".

Someday, I want to get a picture taken with Nate Gerbe.

S.A.M. said...

LOL I think it's even funnier that hockey players admit to watching soap operas! (and I have known some of them to do that- I even got it on tape once! he was a minor leaguer, but still..)

I get ya on the shortness factor. I have lots of pics with hockey boyos and it's like damn why are you SO TALL?! I need one with Derek. :)

Cari said...

And funny, I thought he looked like a guy on The Young & The Restless...both soap operas. Weiiiiird.

Most definitely. And I absolutely DID NOT have fun at that game. =[

Cari said...

Someday, I want to get a picture taken with Nate Gerbe.

I swear, they say he's 5'6", but if I could look down to him at the red carpet thing, there's no way that he's even 5'5".

Cari said...

I think it's even funnier that hockey players admit to watching soap operas!

OMG I know... I was watching some hockey thing, I think on CBC, or something, and they were watching All My Children. idk, maybe it was something with the Sabres...

dani said...

Aww you're all so pretty! Mark included.

Cari said...

Aww you're all so pretty! Mark included.

Awww, thanks, doll! And isn't he beautiful??