Sunday, November 16

One can get from Portland to Buffalo in 1 hour and 27 minutes.

So, after my not-so-little rant last night, I'm much more collected this evening. But that's not to say that I'm not still aboard the Bench-Derek-Roy-Bandwagon, because I'm driving it.

That being said, if when he does have a nice view of the game from the press box, I hope he gets to watch Mark Mancari play for a game. Then he'll see what a good hockey player should be doing... Carrying his team, even when he doesn't necessarily have to, because there's ample talent spread around.

Take, for example, Mark's stats on the season thus far:

In 13 games, he's netted 11 goals, along with 13 assists, to plant him firmly in a tie for 2nd place in the AHL for points with 24. In case you don't have time to do the math, that's 1.85 points per game. And, like Anne mentioned, he's only spent 2 minutes in the box. That's it. Oh, yeah, and he's a +16.

All this from a guy who's 6'4" tall, weighs 225 pounds, has a slapshot that registers 102.8 miles per hour, and supposedly skates slow. I DON'T CARE IF HE SKATES SLOW, HIS STATS ARE BETTER THAN MOST THE SABRES, SO HE SHOULD BE A SABRE. Only Vanek has more goals (13), and he's got Sekera, our leader of assists (9), by 4. So he's got more points all-around than any guy on our team. +/-, you ask? Well, he's got 11 on Toni Lydman, who leads with a +5. Oh, and only three players on the active Sabres have yet to take a penalty (Connolly, Paille, and Hecht), which is shocking, actually, and two more have only 2 PIM (Pominville and Paetsch). So, yeah. I BELIEVE MARK WARRANTS A PLANE TICKET TO THE B-LO.

Besides, only he can rival Adam Mair in the category of funny-face pictures:







Okay. That's good enough for now.

BUT JUST SO YOU KNOW,

Mark Mancari can fuck a bitch up.

Just ask Darcy Tucker.



That lead to this:



I THINK I'VE MADE MY CASE.

Lindy, tell Darcy to make the call. Trust me, it'll do the blue and gold a whole lot of good. DO IT. NOW. Pretty please with sugar on top?

6 comments:

lakebnd79 said...

I thought you were "much more collected tonight"? LOL

Cari said...

I thought you were "much more collected tonight"?

That was in reference to my ranting and raving about Derek. I, however, by no means, excused myself from expressing my undying love for Mr. Mancari.

Shelby said...

Mark Mancari can come up whenever he'd like to and stay. I say that time is around now.

Cari said...

Mark Mancari can come up whenever he'd like to and stay. I say that time is around now.

I wholeheartedly concur, Shelby, dear.

Anonymous said...

That picture of Darcy makes me smile. Bleed Darcy, bleed and know the fury of Mark Mancari.

Cari said...

Bleed Darcy, bleed and know the fury of Mark Mancari.

I tried to find the video of the fight on YouTube, but it was gone... You can imagine the resulting depression. =[