Sunday, November 23

Housekeeping.

The Sabres need to learn how to do it, so they should take a lesson from me.


(1) As I'm sure you've noticed, I got bored with our layout/template/thing, so I freshened it up. And can I please tell you how obnoxious it is to mess around with Blogger's templates? They're all kinda ugly, or already being used, and since I like to be all cutesy with my stuff, and I don't like to copy people, I get really annoyed when you're only given a handful of options. Whatever, though.


(2) MARK MANCARI SCORED HIS FIRST NHL GOAL LAST NIGHT!!!!! I was soooo proud. We (the nurse I work with and myself) were watching the game at work, and she was laughing her ass off when he scored because I was awing, and saying "Aw, Mark, I love you! I'm so proud of you!" She said I looked like a doting mother watching her only daughter get married. BEST ANALOGY EVER.


I LOVE YOU.


(3) Derek scored again, finally. And he couldn't have done it at a better time, as far as I'm concerned, because, while I was driving to work yesterday, a guy from the Sabres Store called me, and left a message saying that my NEW THIRD JERSEY CAN BE PICKED UP ON WEDNESDAY. YAYYYYYY!! So now I take back saying that I wasn't too sure if I wanted his jersey anymore, because Princess D is starting to play better.


(4) When D scored yesterday, Kim texted me and said "he doesn't skinny dip, he chunky dunks." This is why I love her.


(5) Awesome reader Katie told me that she saw D eating spaghetti at Chef's yesterday, and that he eats like a pig. Now, I don't know about you, but I tend to view all the Sabres as perfect people, kinda like every girl's expectations of Mr. Right. So I never expect any one of them to shovel pasta into their mouth and let the mozzarella cheese that was melted all over it to stick to the plate as they chew a mouthful. So, Katie, as fantastic as that was, I'm going to forget you ever told me that, and go on living in my blissful, delusional world. No offense though. I still love you.


(6) I decided that I'm not going to comment on actual game-play until the Sabres start winning again.


(7) If the playoffs were to start today, we'd be out. That's depressing, considering the start we had.


(8) I totally called Timmy C's injury--BROKEN RIB. Called it. And I'm not one to say I told you so... Actually, who the hell am I kidding. I TOLD YOU SO!! =]


(9) I never commented on Paul's fish story. A-FREAKING-DORABLE. I hate worms too, but that's mostly because when I was little, my friend Kevin used to (AND I'M NOT KIDDING YOU. I SWEAR.) squirt chocolate syrup on them and eat them like spaghetti. At least Derek doesn't do that... But I don't like fish, either. My friend Kristle's dad used to fish all the time and he'd gut them in the backyard while we were laying out in the sun. Gross.


I leave you with my last comment of this Sunday, as I'm currently watching the Bills, leading the Chiefs. *crossing fingers* ...maybe??


(10) My dad made these up last night and sent them to me; they're absolutely hilarious, and you really should take the time to watch them all: Dance 1, Dance 2, Dance 3, Dance 4

7 comments:

Jay said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Jill & I just watched the dances!! She particularly liked the fourth one because it was the mostlike thereal Sabres... all out of sync.

Jill said...

I want to thank your dad for making me laugh cuz I am miserable because of my cold.

Jael said...

Those dances are marvelous. Simply marvelous.

Cari said...

Jay, that's my favorite, as well. And those were my exact thoughts about the Sabres, too.

Jill, to be honest, most days my father annoys the living hell out of me. Last night was a different world. =]

Jael, I couldn't have said it better myself!

S.A.M. said...

Derek eating like a pig.. makes me laugh. he is a guy, after all.

I'm glad he scored. Maybe this will become a habit for him. Wouldn't that be swell?

dani said...

Oh the elfs. Oh how I wish my dad were so awesome with technology. Ahhh hahahahahahaha Derek and Timmy make me laugh.

Cari said...

Derek and Timmy make me laugh.

THE DANCE MOVES THOSE TWO WERE DOING WERE SO PERFECT I WANTED TO CRY.