Monday, October 13

AND NOW, THE REST OF THE SEASON


Have I mentioned that I really don't like afternoon games?  No?  Well I really don't like afternoon games.  I don't have time to really get much done today, and I wanted to go to MetroPark and return a purse, and Tony Walker to return my North Face, and clean my disgusting bedroom, but I guess I'll only do the first two.  Plus, when the game's over, I feel like I should be getting ready to go to bed.  I'm just so used to games ending at 10, and then I get everything ready for tomorrow, and curl up on the couch and fall asleep watching Law and Order reruns...

And remember how I said I'd try to liveblog this game?  Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen either; I'm pretty sure I'm watching the game at Katie's house, and she just doesn't appreciate hockey blogging.  In fact, she thinks it's quite comical that, while we're at a game, I furiously text throughout it, while barely taking my eye off the ice.

SO!!, this is what you get, for now.  And I just realized that I said I'd write yesterday, but it was just way too nice outside to stay in the house, and when I go outside, I can't read the screen of my MacBook too well, and then I had to go to work.

OOOOH and I love my job... kinda sorta.  I can't remember if I mentioned or not, but I work at a nursing home in a really nice Buffalo suburb.  I'm a nurses' aide on a really cute little unit, which we call households, because there are 12 patients with their own rooms, and then communal living room, dining room, and kitchen.  I doubt I'll get to watch much hockey on the big TV because Fred (one of my residents) likes to steal the remote, change the channel, put the remote in his pocket, and then wander off.  But little Helen Miller (No relation to Ryan; snap.), the second I met her, asks, "Did you see that Sabres game last night?!"  So Helen is basically my new best friend.  And she also watches Hockey Night In Canada, just to watch it.  We're buds.  Sorry Kim, but I've found a replacement for you in your camping absence.

Okay, enough rambling.  Serious hockey talk now.  Maybe.

PORTLAND PIRATES:  They kicked ass Saturday night!  Or, should I say Mark Mancari kicked ass with his hat-trick and 2 assists.  Nathan Gerbe and Tim Kennedy also picked up some points.  Adam Dennis was in net.  Portland beat the Manchester Monarchs by a score of 6-3.  Their next game is Saturday, at home, against the Springfield Falcons.

MY NEW FAVORITES:  Okay, so I realize that I've written about Daniel Paille A LOT in the past few days, but I've just fallen in love with him since the All-Star Break last season.  I think, then, that these guys are in the running for my Top 5:  Derek Roy (a lock for #1), Daniel Paille, Tim Connolly (I said I fall hard), Nathan Paetsch, Jason Pominville, Paul Gaustad, Patrick Kaleta, and Jochen Hecht.  I believe I've decided (wow, that was fast):  (1) Roy; (2) Paille; (3) Kaleta; (4) Paetsch; (5) tie between Pominville and Gaustad.  I think Connolly should get an honorable mention thing, you know, he can be a fave when he's in the lineup.  That works for me.

HENRIK, RICK, AND STEVEN:  The Hockey News had a short interview with Henrik Lundqvist on their website:  Henrik likes comedies, and I honestly have never heard a person ever say that The Calling is one of their favorite bands!  I love The Calling, so now I am forever endeared to Henrik.  Fine by me!  Next up was one with Rick DiPietro.  I love this guy, too.  He loves the Sabres' jerseys, his favorite cereal is Raisin Bran Crunch, and his first job was being a janitor.  Last but not least was Steven Stamkos.

And now I've lost my train of thought, and there isn't a whole lot of Sabres news to write about (except for the fact that Patty K didn't take Brian Campbell's advice to heart, and moved out of his parents' house), so I'll write about our win (knock on wood) when I get home later tonight, while watching more hockey on Versus.

Go Sabres!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Yeah... I have to DVR the game and wait anxiously until the bring home the bacon man gets his skinny buns home. Then we can watch the game.

Oh and I hope you didn't jinx it!!! DOH!

Shelby said...

I'm glad I don't have school today so I can watch the game, but I hate them in the afternoon! I'm not in my hockey mode at this time of day.

I think I may love Rick DiPietro more now because of his remark about loving the Sabres' jerseys.

Jill said...

It must some sort of mind game... LOL!

Cari said...

Oh and I hope you didn't jinx it!!! DOH!

That's what I wondered right after I hit "Publish." I'M SORRY, HOCKEY GODS!! PLEASE DON'T HOLD MY FOOLISH TONGUE'S/FINGERS' WORDS AGAINST THE BEAUTIFUL MEN IN BLUE AND GOLD!! Thank you.

Cari said...

I think I may love Rick DiPietro more now because of his remark about loving the Sabres' jerseys.

I have always, and will always, love Rick DiPietro. He's absolutely gorgeous, and I stand by my opinion that he's one of the best-looking guys in the league. I still say Miller should've been on the US Olympic team, and I'll forever hold that partially against Rick, even though it's not his fault whatsoever.

Jill said...

Well Olympics are coming soon... and maybe he will get picked... he was bummed when he got cut... He definately should have made the team... his play that year was amazing.