Friday, October 3

YAY WE WON, But There's No Channel 4..


Okay, so I'm full of mixed emotions today.  SO EXCITED BECAUSE WE COULD FINISH THE PRESEASON ABOVE .500!!!  But totally bummed because Channel 4 has been replaced with CBS College Sports and The CW is MIA.  On that subject, tonight I'm going to be missing the season premier of a show that I sometimes watch (because for some odd reason math intrigues me), Numb3rs, and that also means Sunday afternoon I'll be missing the first 45 minutes of the Bills game, and I'll be sad, because I love the Bills.  And on Monday, I'll be without my teenage angst-driven dramas, Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill; Tuesday evening I'll be missing my dear Anthony DiNozzo on NCIS.  Guys, I'm really upset about this.  Like... well, not nearly as upset as I am when the Sabres lose, but close enough.

On to happier subjects.  Can I PLEASE just express my love for Craig Rivet and Patrick Lalime right now?  They are pretty much two of my favorite people now.  At first I wasn't so sure I liked that Rivet had The C, but hell, he can have it.  I like any guy who sticks up for his teammates and can actually fight (coughcoughandrewpeters).  And Lalime, you can stop pucks AND you fight?  I love you.  This brings me back to the days of my childhood in which basically every other game I can remember, either Steve Shields, Dwayne Roloson, or Marty Biron were fighting.  LOVE.  Goalie fights are the absolute best.

OH and I basically love Matt Ellis now too.  Watch this and you will appreciate him as well.  First of all, HAHAHAHA because they're blasting "Promiscuous Girl,"  and then someone came in and turned it down.  But back to Matt:  I mean, how can you not love someone who grew up playing with Danny Paille???  He's a member of the Man-Child crew now, as far as I'm concerned.  And he was so excited when he got the call saying we claimed him...  Normally, these guys are pissed when they get waived and claimed by a new team, but he was all smiles and giggles.  How cute is he?

And before I talk at all about the game (and by at all, I mean not really at all since I couldn't see it and therefore don't really have anything constructive to say), let me get my Derek Roy fix.  Janet and Nick on Kiss 98.5 I believe have the Derek Roy Report, or whatever it's called, on Thursday mornings, but it could be Friday.  I'm not usually up that early, but if I am, I'm usually listening to my iPod because I LOATHE Janet and Nick.  But whatever.  So they had some snippet of an interview with Derek yesterday which went like this:

Janet:  So what exciting stuff did you do this summer?
Derek:  Uhhh, I went to Cabo for a week.
Janet:  Nice!
Nick:  Didn't you skates get stuck in the sand?
Derek:  [Chuckles, followed by a dramatic pause, then seriously,]  Um, no.

HAHAA.  Ask Kim; I DO THE SAME THING.  Now, I have to take a page out of MJ's book right here, because I swear this is fate.  I DESIRE MORE THAN ANYTHING TO GO TO CABO.  That is, if you bump going back to Germany off of the top of my list.  But whatever.  Derek, how could you go to Cabo without me???  And then not take me to your lake house up in Muskoka?  You know I love the ocean, and I love lakes.  That's just mean.  But, in your favor, our favorite shows do include Entourage, and you can't go skydiving due to contractual stipulations, and I won't go skydiving due to a fear of heights, so I mean, look!  It's totally fate.  And now I'm kind of creeping myself out...

And this video of certain players just BEGS for commentary:

Mark Mancari  :  Yay!  I'm so excited you cut your hair.  Kim probably won't be too thrilled, but I am, and since I won you in our lame little draft thing we had last year, that's all that matters.  And honestly,  I'm so glad your parents moved from Italy to Canada, and that you have random family in Buffalo, because then I have a better chance to see you than, say, if you lived in Italy.  Plus, you're a beast, so play your heart out, and if you don't make the Sabres, I'll see you November 7th in Portland.

Mike Weber  :  Is staying out of the penalty box a part of your plan?  Because it should be.

Nathan Paetsch  :  (1) You're adorable.  (2) That's the Brotherhood of the Traveling Hoodie hoodie!  Don't you own any other clothing?  Every time I see you, you're wearing that hoodie.  It doesn't look bad or anything, I'm just curious as to if I took it away, if you'd just be walking around with nothing on.  Now THAT'S a win-win situation.  (3) You were injured?  That's why you weren't playing?  I wish I knew...  I can't wait to have complete injury/ailment updates when the regular season starts.  This not knowing is bull.

Sparky Clarkey  :  Your hair's getting long...  I like the curly poofy thing you had; kinda like old-school Timmy C.

OH!!! I am SO excited that the game will be on TV on SUNDAYYY!!!  That means I'll actually have something to watch since the Bills game (probably) won't be on.  But I will have to sync up the radio so I can listen to Rick and Harry.  Hopefully there won't be too much of a delay.  Whatever though.

Now I'm going to go pamper myself a bit; I'm getting my hair done today which is SO exciting because I haven't gone in, like, 4 months, and my highlights are so grown out it isn't even funny, and my ends are so split.  But I'm definitely having Kim (my hairdresser, not the Kim on this thing) thin it, dye it back to my natural dark red, and some sweepy bangs might be in order.  But then because my hair won't be so strawberry blonde, I definitely have to go tanning, or else my pale, pale skin that's COVERED in freckles would look freakish.  I'd be a female version of Brian Campbell.  Yuck.  (I think I'm the girliest legit hockey fan ever...)  So I think I'd better go do that.  Then work yet another double.  So I probably won't be back until Sunday, unless I find something good in the meantime.

Have a nice weekend, loves!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I LOVE GOALIE FIGHTS!!! I seriously think that if Miller gets mad enough (because he is scary when he is mad) he would kick some ass. He maybe skinny but he has some guns now... LOL!