Thursday, October 23

Sabres @ Wild

Okay, so apparently Derek is avoiding me.  I guess I just turned off my radio too early this morning and missed his delightful interview.  But he neglected to mention the identity of the true womanizer on the team, but we all know who that is anyways.  And he didn't really tell me anything I didn't know already, except for the fact that Reggie is his roomie now.  That's kinda cute, especially seeing as how Sekera really needs some guidance in the fashion department:

Yikes...

And as far as Tim Connolly's choice of Halloween costumes?  I'm just glad he didn't pick something along the lines of this (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't look if you're at all squeamish).

Alright, since I ditched my plans for this evening, I plan on blogging (or attempting to) throughout the game (or at least during intermissions).  So, game on!

END OF THE FIRST...
1-0 Buffalo!!  Okay, so Drew's goal was FAN-EFFING-TASTIC!!  And what a beautiful assist by Derek.  Awesome goaltending, Ryan!  And can I please offer my opinion, in that I believe Minnesota has some of the oddest player names in hockey?  Clutterbuck?  That's my favorite right there.  And Brunette, Boogaard, and Zidlicky, to name a few more.  Sheesh.  And I honestly cannot get enough of this pigeon talk!  Did you happen to see Lalime talking about it?  His little "birdie, birdie, birdie?"  Adorable.

END OF THE SECOND...
2-1 Minnesota.  Yuck.  I really don't have anything positive to take away from this period, but I will say that I hate The Trap.  However effective it may be, it makes for one boring game of hockey.  I just pray, pray, pray that someone--ANYONE--puts us back in the lead in the next 20.  (How quickly my mood changes...)

6 comments:

Jill said...

Ok I seriously snorted when I saw that costume... LMAO!!

Cari said...

Ok I seriously snorted when I saw that costume...

THE SAD THING IS, I CAN TOTALLY PICTURE TIMMYKINS RUNNING AROUND IN THAT GETUP.

Jay said...

I thought that was a picture of Patrick Swayze from the 80's!!

And I thought Timmah would be most likely to pick the snake charmer!

Rachael said...

Is that a giraffe on rej's sweater? Oh dear. I bet Roy balled it up and hid it under the bed.

lakebnd79 said...

First of all, I'm pretty sure 10 years ago I donated a sweater just like that (an early 90's Polo knockoff sweater) to the poor children of the Slovak Republic clothing drive. I was shocked when i saw the picture! There is no doubt Roysie threw that out the bus window!
And second, yes, those names....Am I the only one that laughed through 2 periods at the name "Clutterbuck" till my ribs were sore? "Clutterbuck", not to be confused with "Clusterf#$k" which is what my house looks like right now. OMG. Look his picture up at nhl.com its pathetic. HE is even embarassed.

Cari said...

"Clutterbuck", not to be confused with "Clusterf#$k" which is what my house looks like right now.

I SWEAR TO GOD, THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT RJ SAID BEFORE I LOOKED AT THE ROSTER IN THE TBN TO BE SURE. My mother and I agree, though, that he got ripped to shreds during his childhood for that name.