Saturday, October 25

IS IT JUST ME??



Or is there a rash of strange injuries going around the league this year?

First, it's Erik Johnson's inability to remove his foot from a gas pedal correctly, and tore his ACL AND MCL.  Nice, Erik.  Nice.

Then, it's Timmykins and his effed up back.  We all know it's from laying on bar floors, and not from getting hit in Roberval.

Next, we've got the Sabres' rash of finger injuries, with Paul tearing his thumb up, and Jochen shattering the tip of his middle finger.  Do you realize that if they had to have their fingers splinted, Jochen would be flipping Paul off permanently, and all Paul would be able to do would be to give Jochen a thumbs up?  hahahahah.

Then, I found out last night that Daniel Briere (ew) is out for about a month with a torn abdominal muscle.  Does anyone remember what happened to Danny while he was here?  That's right, folks, he had an inguinal hernia.  That's a torn abdominal muscle, where the intestines begin to protrude through the abdominal wall, if you didn't know.  So I'm thinking the surgical procedure to patch the wall has given in...

(I'm not sure if I like Danny, or if I hate him.  I think I'm indifferent.  I liked him while he was here, and yeah, he's great, but I hated the situation in which he left, and I'm kinda bitter with him about it, so idk.  But really, I dislike him like I dislike Hasek.  And I used to think I was going to marry Hasek.  Hey, I was five.  I didn't know any better.)

And I also see that Blues goalie Manny Legace is on the shelf, no thanks to Sarah Palin.  This is what TSN reports:

The Alaska governor dropped the ceremonial first puck before the Blues hosted the Los Angeles Kings.  A narrow carpet walkway was placed from the gate at the Blues bench to centre ice for Palin, her husband and two of her daughters.

Just before the ceremony, Legace was the first player onto the ice for St. Louis.  A team official pointed to the carpet.  But Legace said the official moved his own foot from the carpet just as Legace stepped down, causing the carpet to slide.

Legace fell, then gingerly made his way to the crease.

Sarah Palin is hurting our players.  Nice hockey mom.

But these injuries are just weird.  Right?  I mean, take a gander at exactly how many injuries there are in the league.  That's a lot.  And hahaha Gregory Campbell is hurt.  OOOH and another bizaar one?  Ryan Getzlaf has an impacted tooth.

And what's up with all this "Undisclosed Injury" crap??  I thought all injuries had to be disclosed?

Well, anyways, I won't be posting about the game tonight until midnight, or so, when I get home from work, so I probably won't be posting.  But definitely tomorrow.

Go Sabres!!

7 comments:

Shelby said...

Tom Renney also got hit in the head with a stick yesterday from one of the Rangers. He didn't return to the bench for the rest of the game.

The injuries happening this year are craaaazy.

Anne said...

"Undisclosed" is my favorite type of injury, our imaginations can run wild until we just realize that "undisclosed" usually means either "we're mad at him so he's not playing" or "bruised toe" doesn't sound tough enough. Although "impacted tooth" doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of Ryan Getzlaf's enemies.

Cari said...

Tom Renney also got hit in the head with a stick yesterday from one of the Rangers.

I saw that right after I posted... Serves him right for naming that turkey captain.

Cari said...

Although "impacted tooth" doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of Ryan Getzlaf's enemies.

AHAHAHAHA. I feel like that should be an undisclosed injury. And for reals, when are we going to know why Craig had surgery??

dani said...

What is this all about?! No one hurts Manny and gets away with it!

Jill said...

And for reals, when are we going to know why Craig had surgery??

According to Thomas Vanek's blog on his website Rivet has been nursing this pain since the beginning and it became to bad to ignore... so maybe something that he has had for quite sometime.

Cari said...

so maybe something that he has had for quite sometime.

Yeah, I read that, but I mean, what's the problem? Was there fluid buildup? Did he have cartilage bulges? Were there bone spurs? I mean, I want to know the diagnosis, not the prognosis.