Monday, October 27

I FEEL GUILTY WHEN I FALL FOR NON-SABRES...

...because, like I've said, I don't get over people too quickly. And I feel this odd Buffalo-allegiance to the Sabres. You know, the one where I live and die by how they're doing in the season, and when they're not playing, I'm thinking about them anyways. Call me crazy, but I call it die-hard, devoted love. So I feel guilty when I fall for a guy who has never had the pleasure of donning a Sabres jersey. And because of that, I don't often admit that I love guys from other teams. I can now, though, admit that I love Ryan Getzlaf, thanks to Anne over at Sabretooth's House, because of this:


(You have to admit that it's pretty sick when a kid from Regina, Saskatchewan wears a Sabres jersey. THOSE CITIES ARE OVER 1,600 MILES APART, but Ryan hearts the Sabres. No wonder he hangs out in Buffalo over the summer with Ryan Miller. RANDOM.)

THAT BEING SAID, a few seasons ago, when the dear Alex Ovechkin came on the scene, I was done for. And it's not that he's super good-looking or anything, but for the fact that I can speak, like, five word in Russian, and the fact that he's got the heaviest accent I've ever heard, and he bumbles through the English language, barely better than Jaro Spacek, and he's got his own fashion line. DOES THIS GUY GET ANY BETTER? He's a freaking hockey celebrity, and he loves fashion, in a completely non-Sean-Avery way. LOVE. And let's not forget that commercial he did with the vending machine, which somehow ended up on my cell phone...

Oh, wait. He does get better. He's a FREAKING ROCK STAR. Ovie and the Caps are now my second favorite... no, third favorite band in the NHL. (First is the band that Derek Roy and Ryan had down in Rochester (yeah, I know, AHL, but it's a technicality, people), and second is Invisible Children. What kind of Drew Stafford fan would I be if I didn't love his band?)

AND CAN I PLEASE SAY THAT JOSE THEODORE LOOKS FANTASTIC WITH EYELINER ON???


And you all are by no means to allow me to go back to my punk rock/skater/surfer/local band groupie days, okay??? Because those were ridiculous days. And I'm not bitter at all that a certain band I went to ELEMENTARY SCHOOL with got huge after I liked them from the beginning and now they're pricks. But anyways, Jose Theodore looks FANTASTIC. I said it. He looks like a cross of my acquaintance (he's been demoted from friend) Keith and Chris Daughtry...

And Ovie didn't look too shabby himself, as a punker:


He said he likes to shake his booty. =]

He also said that he won't shake his booty for a goal celebration. BOOOOO.

Here's the reason behind this whole post: Behind the Scenes with Alex Ovechkin. And be sure to watch the Rock the Red music video, too.

WHY CAN'T THE SABRES DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT???!

Oh, speaking of the Sabres, the TBN had this to report:

Centers Paul Gaustad (thumb), Tim Connolly (back) and Jochen Hecht (finger) continued making progress Sunday. Gaustad and Connolly had progressed so much that Ruff refused to rule out either player for tonight's game.

Please excuse me for a minute while I AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Okay. Carrying on:

However, there seems a better chance both would remain on the sidelines because there is no reason to hurry them back. It's early in the season, and the Sabres are winning without them. Ruff would need to take someone out of the lineup, which is difficult to justify when a team is undefeated in regulation.

"We've got decisions," Ruff said. "We want to make sure they're ready. The effort that the guys have put into the game, it's tough to take guys out right now."

As much as I want these guys back on the ice with the team, Lindy's right...

Whatever, though. WORLD JUNIORS ANNOUNCEMENT TODAY!!!! Read this if you haven't already. Ryan over at the Goose's Roost nailed it right on the head.

And while it seems like we may just steamroll over the Sens tonight, you can never underestimate a bad, bad team. Look at how we did a few years back, before the lockout. We sucked. We were at the bottom of the league, and it seemed we couldn't beat anyone. But we could be the top teams in the leage. I'm just hoping (and that's more or less reassuring myself) that the Sabres are as humble as they are, and will actually show up for tonight's game, because if they don't, the Sens are desperate for a win, and they'll get it if we're not ready.

That being said, GO SABRES!!

3 comments:

Shelby said...

I always feel pretty guilty about liking non-Sabres, too. I like at least one guy on every team, though...

Ovie looks very good in eyeliner. I just with he would replace his missing tooth (even though I know that's basically one of his trademarks now) because it bothers me. SORRY OVIE, I JUST DON'T LIKE IT.

Jill said...

I have no love for non-Sabres... I am a hockey snob.

Jay said...

Regina, Saskatchewan is my favorite Canadian city... Maybe I am like 12 years old, but I giggle everytime I hear it.