So I think it was last year sometime that I was marveling at the fact Derek Roy is so short especially when standing next to Hank or Paul or his admitted best friend Petey, when one of those traveling commercials popped into my head, you know the ones where the announcer says 'now available in travel size for your convenience.' Now being me I said outloud, "Derek Roy now available in travel size for your convenience' and his being shoved under that bench really made me reexamine the truth in that statement, cause let's face it, you were all thinking it too.
The whole time I was watching that video all I could think of was someone trying to shove an oversize suitcase into the space below the seat in front of them on an airplane, while of course being horrified at the same time. And while I would love to be able to link a video to this blog to show you exactly why I was thinking this alas there were no videos on youtube, I know seriously, of all place I expected it to show up I thought for sure it would be there. I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find a video of my grandmother's colonoscopy.
So awhile ago, M.J. from the My Safety Is Harvard blog decided to do a list of 100 interesting things about herself, well, I'm not able to think of that many interesting things about myself so instead of 100 I'm going to do 50. Here it goes:
1. I'm the only one in my family that doesn't have blue eyes, they're green and they change color depending on what I'm wearing and they have small blue pigment gaps in them at the bottom shaped like diamonds.
2. My first favorite hockey player was Afinogenov and I liked him before everyone else did, to tell you the truth I just liked his last name and then low and behold he turned into a decent player and then it was the cool thing to like him. And even though I may rag on him from time to time he still holds a special place in my heart.
3. I'm going to school for nursing because I think it is one of the most honorable professions that a person can choose, it's always changing and always interesting and I get to help people.
4. I don't want to have children, not because I don't like them, don't get me wrong, I do I love my niece to death but I just can't see myself being a mother at least not right now. If I do have children I want one of each and I'll probably adopt them instead of having my own, there are too many children in the world who don't have good homes and good families and it would seem unfair to bring my own children into the world.
5. I was never one of those girls who planned out what her wedding was going to be like, I'm an idealist I know you don't always get everything you want. If I do get married, it's going to be a shotgun wedding with the people we want to be there getting a call the week before saying hey we're getting married, be there.
6. I've never had a boyfriend, well okay that's not true, I dated a guy in high school for 17 hours and then had his best friend break up with him for me, but lets face it, that's not a relationship so I choose to forget that it ever happened.
7. I've been kissed actually kissed once by a guy, his name was Aaron and he sat next to me and my mom at the Bandits games all last season and at the championship game, which we won by the way, he reaches over, after saying goodbye, and plants one on me. Then releasing me says, 'now you'll have something to remember today by.' Can anyone tell me what the hell that means????
8. I'm a good student, I've never missed a class in college mainly because I'm paying close to 20 thousand a year for it and figuring it out if I missed a class it means I'm wasting almost 400 dollars on that one class. But because Cari and I are going to Boston I'm going to be missing a Friday of classes which I have to say scares me a little because I've never done it before. Oh yeah, and I have a 3.9 GPA.
9. I love to sing and act. I was Glinda/Auntie Em in the Wizard of Oz my junior year, big pink fluffy dress, crown and wand the whole thing. Funny story, I literally had 2 minutes to change from being Auntie Em to being Glinda, which included putting on a hoop skirt, which I despised, a skirt and a really heavily beaded top as well as massive amounts of blush and glitter, well I had gel glitter and in my haste I got the glitter in my eyes the first night. So needless to say there I am trying to be all smiley and happy because I'm just so happy that I get to parade around in a fluffy pink dress that weighed literally 20 pounds, with a crown on my head carrying a long wand which I smacked a few of the munchkins with, by accident of course, while I'm literally crying because of the glitter.
10. I hate eggs, weird I know, I'll eat them but only if forced to, fried, scrambled, sunny-side up, over easy, over hard, whichever way you give them to me, chances are I'm going to hate them anyway, so you shouldn't even try.
Well that's about it, GO SABRES, and all that jazz, oh and I'm going to the game on Tuesday, soooo excited about that.
DroughtCast: Year 8, Week 7: Bills vs. Ravens
7 hours ago